Monday, June 15, 2009

Organizing, work and tithing - a great weekend!

This weekend I "tweaked" my house or at least some of it. I needed to and it's very therapeutic for me. I recommend this to all of my clients. You have to stay on top of your organizing systems for them to work as best as possible. It was fun for me! Yes I know this makes me a little crazy!!

I am still on my journey and I want to keep you in the loop of course. I have stopped my acid reflux medication! I'm feeling o.k. Actually I am feeling better than I did on the medication. Which is just messed up! I still have some symptoms. I can't help but wonder if the medication has been suppressing my bodies natural production of stomach acid and now my stomach is just trying to figure out what to do. Tomorrow I go to the hospital for a barium swallow. Mmm... that's gonna be tasty! I just hope after all of this, I get some long overdue answers.

I can't tell you how great it was to hear from so many of you about your medical mysteries. I can't make any of you post comment on my blog but your stories could help so many and I encourage you to do so. Until then please keep emailing me! I love to hear from you. Really, it's the best part of this blog. Listening to people share their stories is amazing!

O.K. so I've covered the latest in my crazy medical story now we can talk business. Wow, did I get some great responses to the vendor who is rude! We are pursuing other options for this product and so far it's looking promising. I will let you know how it works!

We are making some big decisions on the business this week. I had an interesting meeting this past Friday with a very talented lady. She is working on a BIG project and wants to use The Amandas as experts. It is for a national company and we wish her the best of luck! Obviously!!

Also tomorrow we are going to see a man about a horse!! Not really.

I have a new employee that started today in New Orleans. Her name is Bridgette & we are thrilled to have her with us! She said during the interview process that if money were no object she would organize homes and lives for FREE! That's definitely my kinda girl! Some of the exciting things going on with The Amandas are happening in New Orleans.I get a little nervous about saying too much in the blog. You just never know who's reading this thing. Geez, I didn't know anyone read it!!

On the home front the kids and hubby are fine. Dan, my husband has taken a more active role in my company and I am so excited. O.K. I'm a little nervous. He says I'm the creative and he is the level headed voice of reason. What the heck? Was that suppose to be a compliment?

Speaking of creative me; the family went to church yesterday in a torrential down pour. Just when we got inside and settled, my voice reason, Dan, says that he left the tithe check in the car! What???

You don't understand how I feel about tithing. It is a necessity. It is the one thing in the Bible God says you can test Him on. In my life it is spot on. When I tithe and give freely, I get back. I feel deep in my heart I am blessed in some part because I tithe. You should tithe!!

Anyway, I told Dan he had to go back and get the check and to be quick, before collection. Just as he walked out of church the sky opened and it rained harder than I imagined it could. Dan ran through the parking lot to the truck and got the check. By the time he made it back into the church he was soaked to the bone and the collection basket had passed. As he sat down looking wet and defeated, I told him to get up and find an usher and see who he could give his donation to. The look on his face said it all. He went to communion and then began the search for someone to give the check to. He found the basket and saved the day!! See I'm OCD about everything not just organizing! Dan did wonder after church how God felt about him worrying so much about giving his tithe that he missed the entire sermon! Oh well, I heard it! It was about believing and I believe Dan did what I told him to!

The girls are doing well. My oldest is in dance camp this week while the younger stays home with our nanny. The baby, who really isn't a baby anymore, is being treated for kidney reflux. She's on an antibiotic for a year and we are going to see a Pediatric Urologist for testing next week. She has no idea of course. Not going to be a great day for her.

All in all it was a great weekend and today has turned out to be pretty interesting.

Talk to you soon!!

No comments: