Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cookies, candy, and pie! Oh my!

I have been told that weight loss and getting organized can go hand in hand. Well I am already organized but I need to drop a stubborn 10 pounds. I am a petite 5'4" and 128 lbs. I am happiest at 120 lbs. Now I realize I am in no way fat but I need to drop the extra pounds and get fit. I have noticed that over the past few years as I have approached my mid 30's, things are changing. I don't want to hear all of that BS about "oh wait till you're my age". It's starting now and just like everyone else, it has snuck up like a snake in the grass.
I just want to be fit and feel good. Not to mention that my friends; chocolate ice cream, oreo cakester, and cheese puffs, are very bad influences!
So about 5 weeks ago I started working out. I dusted off my treadmill and placed it at the foot of my bed. For days I would stare at it while sharing a late night rendezvous with my food friends. I would think about getting on it and laugh. Then I learned of an upcoming event where I would want to look my best and that meant getting on the treadmill. The first time on it, I barely made my 20 minute goal at 3mph. I started out every other day and would dread the day that I had to get on it.
I told my food friends (ice cream, cookie, and cheese puff) that we had to part ways, and I met with a trainer. And then I made the ultimate commitment to get healthy and shed a few pounds; I told my boyfriend, Starbucks, that we had to stop seeing each other. It was a tough break up but it was necessary.
I upped my treadmill time to everyday and increased my speed to 3.5 and 2 weeks later, you know what? I didn't lose a freakin pound!
WHAT??!!!
2 years ago I could think about losing weight and drop 5 lbs!
So I spent a few days feeling sorry for myself and then I got up and got on the treadmill for 35min. and 3.7mph! I will not give up! This will not defeat me.
So to you out there who are trying to get organized on your own; don't let the disorganization get you down.
You may work hard for awhile trying to get rid of the clutter without too many results, but just keep trying and you will lose the clutter and gain control of your life!
As for me; my next weigh in is Tuesday. Wish me luck:)

No comments: